Heron Island, Great Barrier Reef, Australia

Wednesday 11 March 2015

All change

The big blue cock is gone from Trafalgar Square's Fourth Plinth, welcome the skeletal horse. It makes an interesting contrast to the equestrian statue beyond of George IV (who was famously much more corpulent in real life than his statue would suggest). The inclusion of a Stock Exchange ticker might suggest a neat inversion: a dead horse flogging something or other. Or not.

(Another sign of changing times today - the plumbers came two hours early).

Click to enlarge:

3 comments:

  1. hm, not sure about any of it.
    Of course, I’ve not seen the live (?) versions, so perhaps I should not have an opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The plumbers are up to no good and should not be trusted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not seen any of the alternative pillar ornaments yet. Not sure that I want to really. There's nothing like the original and more permanent statues. I prefer the horse to the blue cock though, much more subtle. I wonder what the significance of the ticker is.

    ReplyDelete