Heron Island, Great Barrier Reef, Australia

Tuesday 22 April 2008

Well, well...

Who'd have thunk it?

I thought one of the minor compensations for all the anguish about declining property markets would be no more begging letters from local estate agents ("We have recently sold a property in your building within days of its coming on the market, and we have a queue of clients anxious to buy..... please please PLEASE" and so on, and so on).

Hah. There were two more letters waiting for me tonight. Oh well, it's not a lot of extra weight in the recycling box, I suppose, beside the bulk of newspapers. It's just the waste of time that annoys me.

No time to go gallivanting round town the last couple of weekends, since I was moving eight bookcases and heaven knows how many books and records out of the living-room and back again to leave the workman space to get on with replacing the flooring. And, oh, what a difference it makes: hmm, I wonder what effect it has on the price of this place?

No comments:

Post a Comment