Heron Island, Great Barrier Reef, Australia

Tuesday 25 March 2008

Comfort food

I'm a food-as-fuel sort of person. I don't devote a lot of time and attention to cooking (not a lot of incentive); posting pictures and comments about my usual meals would be very dull indeed, unlike the delicious things I see on other people's blogs: Ken and Walt, for example.

That's not to say I don't read cookery books and magazine articles, and occasionally have an idea or two of my own (a friend of mine who emigrated to Australia misses gooseberries, so I keep some frozen and try to think up new things to do with them for when he visits). Sometimes, I even try out things that take my fancy.

A couple of weeks ago, Rachel from North London's lamb and chorizo casserole caught my attention. It seemed vaguely Easter-themed, so I made some over the weekend. Half her quantities served for two main meals for one (the second time with some potatoes added) and the liquidized leftovers (with some chopped celery and carrots) made an excellent soup. Perfect comfort food for a cold and wet weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment