Heron Island, Great Barrier Reef, Australia

Saturday 12 January 2008

Utterly trivial

So...

Yesterday I had a lovely lunch with a really nice group of messageboard contacts - friends I hope.

Today, the books I'd reserved turned up at the Library.

I thought I'd lost my gloves, as I expected I would, went back to all the places I'd been to but couldn't find them anywhere.

But I got a warm glow of self-righteousness from swapping my last incandescent bulbs for energy-savers (can't you tell Mayor Ken's up for re-election?) - and celebrated by buying a pot of hyacinths that must have been forced with heaven knows what carbon footprint.

The gloves, of course, turned up in the one place I hadn't looked (yes, Alzheimer's definitely setting in).

And I made the first sponge cake of my life, and it was so good I scoffed the lot.

No wars, floods, tempests, plagues: aren't we just too lucky?

No comments:

Post a Comment